Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Al Wiedersehen

It's time to say goodbye to Al Sharpton.  I read the news that Sharpton's show was cancelled by MSNBC, and I kept waiting for Munchkins to dance onto the scene singing "Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead".  Alas, no Munchkins appeared, but we still need to "let the joyous news be spread."

To be fair, Sharpton's show wasn't cancelled by MSNBC.  Even worse, the cable network moved the Sharpton show to Sunday morning at 8 a.m.  It's hard to imagine a more ignominious move for the Rev.  In the latest ratings, Sharpton had an audience of 87,000 in the demo.  He will be lucky to have a total audience that large in the early morning of Sundays.  I've seen Sharpton's show a few times when I watch until I could not take it any longer.  (My personal record was watching Sharpton for 11 minutes; after that I was afraid I might be physically sick if I did not change the station.)  He should have been cancelled three years ago at a minimum.  Oh well, better late than never.




 

No comments: