Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2015

The Media's Campaign Help to Trump

I was struck today by just how much the mainstream media is helping Donald Trump.  I saw an article about the latest poll in Iowa which has Trump and Dr. Ben Carson tied among Iowa Republicans.  The article (from the MSM) about the poll started by breathlessly proclaiming that for the first time in six weeks Trump was "not in the lead" in Iowa.  Now, for those of you who have not seen the latest poll, Trump and Carson each have 23% of the vote with Carly Fiorina third at 10%.  What has happened in this latest poll is that Carson has surged, not that Trump has fallen off.  It is worth noting that Carson is doing so well, because it tells me that many in Iowa like the "outsider" message, but they are not as enamored of Trump's brash style.  At least they are looking for a calmer, more courteous person for whom to vote.  Carson easily fits that bill.

Anyway, I am one who would prefer Carson's style.  Nevertheless, when I read the mainstream media article crowing about how Trump is no longer alone in first place, I have to say that I was annoyed.  The idiots in the liberal media act as if the Republican primary voters care what the main outposts of liberal thought (is that an oxymoron?) have to say.  Why should these idiots be exalting in Trump's being tied for the lead?  As the MSM has bashed Trump, I have come to like him more just for standing up to them and telling them where to get off.  If that is my reaction, it is probably also the reaction of many in the Republican party.  The MSM is helping Trump.




 

No comments: