Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I'm Picking NCIS

With the appointment of Robert Mueller to head the investigation of the alleged Russian meddling in last November's election and related matters, I thought that I would watch a sampling of the news programs on tonight to hear the various views on the subject.  First, I watched Special Report on Fox News, although to be fair, I do that most nights.  They reported the news and also a great many reactions from various politicians.  After about 20 minutes, though, we had the whole story.  At that point, they moved into repetition and then analysis provided by people who really knew very little.  The analysis on that show, however, proved to be extremely insightful compared to some of the nonsense I heard later on CNN and MSNBC.  I started to wonder if the commentators were even talking about the same event.  On MSNBC, most of the discussion was about obstruction of justice with not much about Mueller.  That would be of interest if there were any basis for claiming obstruction of justice, but there is not.

By shortly after 9 PM, I just couldn't take it anymore.  I switched to watching a rerun of an old NCIS episode on USA Network.  It was a much better use of my time.

We really have to get to a point and soon where the media stops telling us what they want to happen and deals with what is actually happening.

No comments: