Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

Obama's Chickens Are Coming Home to Roost - 2

Since I wrote the first post in this series yesterday, I have received a batch of email telling me that there is no way that the British voted against participation in a strike on Syria because Obama had insulted them in the past few years.  I think these people miss the point.  The vote in Parliament to authorize a strike on Syria lost by 13 votes out of about 600 which were cast.  That means that a switch of 7 votes would have changed the outcome.  I agree that the majority of the Parliament is not sitting there nursing wounds from the insults from Obama to the Brits.  Nevertheless, I also believe that there are 5% of the members who do remember Obama's actions, statements and policies that were slaps to the UK.  If only two percent of the members of Parliament voted against the action because they no longer worried about insulting or undermining the American president, then that swung the vote against Obama's position.

I say it again:  Obama's chickens are coming home to roost.



No comments: