Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Not Yet!

Here's a news flash:  it is 2014.  That means that the 2016 election is not for two years and four months.  It is too early to campaign for that election.  In fact, there is a very important mid term election in less than four months.  Once again, it is too early to campaign for the presidential election.

I wrote that flash because I am starting to get bombarded by groups talking about 2016.  In the last two days, I have gotten two calls from the group Ready For Hillary.  In the first call, I told the caller that I was definitely not ready for Hillary under any circumstances.  I asked them to please take my name of their list.  When the second call came the next day, I asked the caller if she could hold for just a second.  When she said yes, I put the call on hold and then forgot about it.  I don't know how long she held on, but an hour and a half later, she was not there.  In the last month, I have also gotten calls from a group promoting senator Rand Paul of Kentucky as a presidential candidate.  I do not know the group's name because I cut them off and hung up.

Look, I know that American presidential campaigns are getting longer and more costly.  But really, this is just too damn early.  I mean it's nice to think that Obama is on his way out, and it is hard to imagine that any new president could do as poorly as Obama has, but nevertheless, it's just too damn early.




 

No comments: